Membership is open to IT leaders and practitioners, entrepreneurs, technologists in diverse fields, academics and those working in other areas with a strong IT or digital or technology connection such as management, finance, accountancy, law, health, HR, marketing and other disciplines.
Our membership reflects the very broad spread of IT, digital and technology sectors, and the even wider range of industries that use (and are enabled by) these technologies.
- typically join us with a successful career in the private, public, educational and / or voluntary sectors.
- have significant involvement with, or management / usage of IT, computing or technology. whether leading an organisation, or as a director, manager or high achieving practitioner.
- span all age groups, from their 20s upwards.
- have achieved stature in their field and often have a significant network of contacts, deep knowledge and experience, and skills with breadth and depth.
- demonstrate an understanding of and commonality with the Company’s values, goals and intent.
- come from all backgrounds, cultures, all genders and ethnicities.
- are based across the UK, but increasingly also from continental Europe, Asia and the US.
Our members are passionate about “giving something back” to the industry or profession that has helped their career and life by contributing time and money to charitable or educational causes. By joining our Company, members ensure their contribution will have maximised impact through the leverage of the time, talents and resources available from our membership. It also offers the chance to make lifelong friendships with like-minded people from all sections of the IT sector.
We host a regular program of formal and informal events, at which we come together to share fellowship. Our formal events celebrate the ceremonial traditions of a City of London Livery Company. You can get a flavour of these by viewing the attached video.